the PARC is all about acceptance. Our purpose is to provide a place for those experiencing homelessness to come as they are and not be judged. We meet them where they are and encourage them to take steps towards their possibilities. What we have found, however, is that it is a place for ALL to come and find acceptance. Everyone fits in at the PARC, no matter who you are, your background or economic status. Our volunteers come from every generation and walk of life, and each one will tell you that they love it here! It truly is a place where anyone and everyone can come as they are, find connection.
I want you to meet a few of our volunteers:
- Amelia is a college student who comes between her classes at A.C.
- Nan is retired school teacher and coach
- Samme is a stay-at-home mom
- Cori is a President of a local company and a Life Skills Coach
- Scott and Nikki are financial consultants
- Shari is a stay-at-home wife and mom
- Guylene is a retired school secretary
- Angela ministers to those who are in prison and the homeless by teaching classes on self-worth
- Nola is a tutor at Amarillo College
- Bailey is a college student that comes in between her classes
- Barbara is a stay-at-home wife and mom
- Deanna is a licensed counselor
- Mark is an outreach pastor at a one of the downtown churches
- Hayden is a high school student
- Alex is a college student, works part-time, and still finds time to come to the PARC
- Diane and Kathy are teachers that come at the end of their day to lead Bingo
- Michael works in landscaping
- Penny is a hairstylist
- Kaylynda works at a local print shop
- Steve works at Pantex
- Jimmy just retired from Pantex
These are only a few of the many volunteers that come and find their place at the PARC and there is a place for YOU! If you want to get involved, please call 806.367.8024, or just come by anytime we're here. Everyone is always welcome.