the PARC is about acceptance. The purpose of the PARC is to provide a place for those experiencing homelessness to come as they are and not be judged. We meet them where they are and encourage them to take steps towards their possibilities. What we have found, however, is that it is a place for ALL to come and find acceptance. Everyone fits in at the PARC, no matter who you are, your background or economic status. Our volunteers come from every generation and walk of life, and each one will tell you that they love it here! It truly is a place where everyone can come as they are, find relationship and acceptance.
I want you to meet a few of our volunteers:
- Amelia is a college student who comes between her classes at A.C.
- Nan is retired school teacher and coach
- Samme is a stay-at-home mom
- Cori is a President of a local company and a Life Skills Coach
- Scott and Nikki are financial consultants
- Shari is a stay-at-home wife and mom
- Guylene is a retired school secretary
- Angela ministers to those who are in prison and the homeless by teaching classes on self-worth
- Nola is a tutor at Amarillo College
- Bailey is a college student that comes in between her classes
- Barbara is a stay-at-home wife and mom
- Deanna is a licensed counselor
- Mark is an outreach pastor at a one of the downtown churches
- Hayden is a high school student
- Alex is a college student, works part-time, and still finds time to come to the PARC
- Diane and Kathy are teachers that come at the end of their day to lead Bingo
- Michael works in landscaping
- Penny is a hairstylist
- Kaylynda works at a local print shop
- Steve works at Pantex
- Jimmy just retired from Pantex
These are only a few of the many volunteers that come and find their place at the PARC while helping those who are homeless find their way back to independent living. There is a place for YOU. We will be hosting a volunteer meeting on August 22 at 2:00. It will be at the PARC at 413 SW 6. It will be a wonderful opportunity for you to find out more about the PARC and how you can get plugged in. If you need more information call 806.367.8024. I look forward to seeing you there.